In 1911, Baden-Powell took the first steps in training Scouting’s adult leaders by organizing a series of lectures for Scouters. He made great strides in the years that followed, culminating in 1919 with the establishment of Wood Badge training. Wood Badge recipients now number more than a hundred thousand, and can be found in all corners of the world.
The objective of a Wood Badge course is to demonstrate as practically as possible the aims and methods of Scouting. Five days (two weekends) in duration, the course is a multi-faceted presentation of leadership skills, organizational tools, and participatory activities based on the best of Scouting traditions and the latest of team-development theory. In addition, participants will enjoy the fellowship of learning alongside many other volunteer and along the way will have a great deal of fun.
Invest in YOUSELF – AND TAKE YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
- Wood Badge will help you improve your leadership skills in a fun outdoor setting. You’ll be a part of a Cub Pack and a Scouts BSA Troop as you learn from amazing instructors, your fellow participants, and even from youth! Over 2 weekends (5 days) you will learn and experience the themes of Wood Badge: Connecting, Guiding, Empowering, Growing, and Living the Values.
- Past participants have compared Wood Badge to corporate training courses costing thousands of dollars and have said “Wood Badge is WAY better!”
- This course will sell out, so get your registration in early!
- Registration link: https://fs10.formsite.com/svmbc/woodbadgespring2023/index.html
- Course Flyer
- Understand Scouting as a family of interrelated, values-based programs providing age-appropriate activities for youth.
- For additional information, please contact:
- Revitalize your commitment to Scouting by sharing in an inspirational experience that helps many Scouters consider Wood Badge to be one of the peak experiences of their Scouting careers. It has served as a source of training and inspirations to thousands. In return, Wood Badge participants have affected the lives of millions of youth.
We sincerely hope that you can participate. You will enjoy it fully and benefit from it immensely. You are to be commended for the work you are doing now in scouting. Wood Badge training will enable you to make an even greater contribution as you help deliver the promise of Scouting.
Requirements to Participate in Wood Badge
- Be currently registered as an adult Scouter
- Be “Trained” for your current leadership position.
- Submit an Annual Health and Medical Form (parts A,B and C)
Note: Membership in one of the two councils that constitute the South Coast Cluster is not a requirement to attend one of our Wood Badge courses.
We have a history of welcoming Scouters from other councils and will be happy to welcome any others.
$300 before 02/10/23, $325 after 02/10/23
A $50 deposit which is due with the application.