The unit charter renewal process is essential to the continued growth of the Boy Scouts of America. Internet Rechartering is an Internet-based application that is indirectly connected to My.Scouting membership data and provides the ability for unit leaders to complete the online portion of rechartering from their home (office, etc.) over the Internet.
All Unit Charters Must Be Submitted To The Council By December 2, 2022.
You may submit completed charters earlier.
IMPORTANT: Any units that do not complete the Recharter process by December 29th are considered dropped and no longer registered.
Recharter consists of several steps:
1. Update your unit’s roster and submit in the internet advancement.
2. Unit’s Key 3 (or Key 3 Delegate) have to sign the Annual Charter Agreement in DocuSign.
3. District Executive will review and sign the Annual Charter Agreement.
4. Email your JTE and Commissioner Challenge scorecards to your District Executive.
5. Update your unit’s information on Formsite (Popcorn, SOR, FOS, etc.)
Updates for 2022-2023 Recharter (coming soon).
2021-2022 Registration Fees Effective August 1, 2021
- Youth Registration: $72.00 Registration + $12.00 Local Council Insurance Fee = $84.00 Total Fee
- Adult Registration: $45.00 Registration + $12.00 Local Council Insurance Fee = $57.00 Total Fee
- Exploring Youth Registration:$45.00 Registration + $12.00 Local Council Insurance Fee = $57.00 Total Fee
- Scout Life Subscriptions Fee = $12.00
- New to Scouting Fee = $25.00
Registration Fee Scholarship
To assist with the increase in registration fees, our executive board has approved a scholarship fund for families needing registration assistance. To apply, download and submit this form:
Important DocuSign Information
- All units must complete their packet through the DocuSign platform. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- Roster updates will be done through the BSA’s charter renewal system. All applications, YPT certificates, and criminal background check forms must be uploaded into that system.
BSA Charter Renewal System
The unit key 3 (or Key 3 Delegate) will have access to the internet charter renewal tool in Internet Advancement.
The system lets you enter new members, renew current members, and update information for any registrant. When completed, the new unit roster is submitted electronically to the council.
Units must collect online signatures from their executive officer or charter organization representative in DocuSign and submit the recharter and pay online in the internet charter renewal system in order to complete the process.
There will also be a final signature required by the Key 3 of the unit emailed to them through Adobe sign by the system.
All BSA policies are enforced throughout the system, so what you enter is sure to meet all requirements. Remember current Youth Protection training (expires every 2 years) is required before a leader can register or recharter, go to www.my.scouting.org to take the online course.
If you have any questions or comments, contact your Unit Commissioner or District Executive 408-638.8300 who will be glad to help you through the process.
Assigning a Key 3 Delegate
Only a member of the Key 3 or an assigned delegate can access the recharter system. Delegates must be registered adults with the BSA and are assigned in my.scouting (Position Manager) by a current member of the Key 3.
Position Manager is found in the Organization Manager tool on My.Scouting. It combines the features that were available in Organization Security Manager ie. allowing you to assign “functional” roles to users, and the new feature to allow the Chartered Organization Representative (COR) (or their designee) to change registered positions. To access Position Manager, go to Menu > select your organization >
Organization Manager. You will see two tabs at the top of the page – Registered Positions and Functional Roles.
Please note that changes may take overnight/24 hours to go into effect.
New to Internet Rechartering?
- Internet Rechartering User Guide
- Instructional Video
- Practice System
- Unit Training (Powerpoint Presentation)
- Unit Training (PDF slide deck)
Sample Charter Renewal Packet
Instructions and Information
Charter Renewal Forms
- Unit Information Form – (Formsite link coming soon)
- Commissioner Challenge 2022
- Commissioner Challenge 2023 (coming soon)
- BSA Adult Application
- BSA Adult Application (Spanish)
- BSA Youth Application
- BSA Youth Application (Spanish)
- New Unit Application