We are pleased to announce, beginning October 1st and continuing through the month of October until October 31st, units will receive an $18 registration fee rebate on all new paid youth applications submitted to the council or completed online!
There is nothing extra that your unit needs to do to be eligible to participate. Paid youth paper applications submitted to the office or completed online during the month of October will be automatically included. Units will receive their rebate in a lump sump deposited in their unit account held at the council office in November.
Why is Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Council offering this rebate?
The council is offering this rebate for a variety of reasons:
- Beginning October 1st, the National Council is requiring any applications submitted online to pay the National registration fee for the remainder of this year and all of 2022. We want to help defer some of this cost for our units by covering the registration fee for the remainder of this year. It is important to note, paper applications submitted to the office will not be charged for the following year, but only a prorated fee for the remainder of this year.
- Beginning October 15th, units will be able to access the new internet charter renewal system in internet advancement. To make this a more seamless process for unit registrars, it is beneficial to register all unit members before beginning the charter renewal process.
- When new families complete a registration form and pay registration fees, they have an expectation to immediately become members of Scouting, with benefits including, access to Scoutbook and My.Scouting, an active Scouts’ Life subscription, ability to participate in all Scouting events, and coverage under BSA insurance policies. To help meet this expectation, it is important that applications are submitted or completed promptly for families to gain access to these benefits.
- Only paid new or returning youth applications will qualify for the rebate. Transfer applications do not qualify.
- Available for all programs, including Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Sea Scouts, and Exploring.
- Applications must be completed online by the unit or submitted to the council office between October 1st and October 31st.
- Applications submitted online but not completed by the unit before October 31st do not qualify.
- Applications submitted in the charter renewal system do not qualify.
- Units can use the funds for any SVMBC events, activities, or fees, including registration fees, popcorn payments, trainings, summer camp, or other council events or programs.
- Funds cannot be used at the Scout Shop.
- Funds cannot be reimbursed to individual families, only to unit accounts.
Should you have questions regarding this program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org