Spring Online Popcorn Campaign
Earn your way to camp….because you Gotta Get to Camp this summer!
Each day beginning April 19th the top three popcorn sellers (based on total sales dollars) will be posted on the SVMBC Popcorn Facebook page.
· The top seller of each day will be sent a $20.00 amazon gift card code.
· The top seller from each week will receive piece of camping gear from the Scout shop.
The top seller of the entire campaign will receive one free camping opportunity from the following:
1. A week of summer camp at Camp Hi-Sierra.
2. A family camp experience in a new Camp High Sierra cabin.
3. Registration to attend an NYLT course.
4. A week of Cub Scout Day Camp.
In addition to the 30% commission from online sales, Scouts will earn 1.5 points per $1 sold towards additional Trails End provided Amazon gift card code.
See the SVMBC Popcorn Facebook page for all rules.
The campaign will run from April 18th through May 16th, 2021.
Gotta Get to Camp Rules
- Open to Scouts registered in SVMBC
- Runs from April 18 to May 16
- Theme: “Gotta Get Back to Camp”
- Top three sellers listed daily
- Determined by sales volume from TE website
- Listed from greatest to smallest
- Top seller gets a $20 Amazon “card”
- Minimum sales of $60 to qualify to get the $20 card
- Weekly winners
- Weekly winner gets a camping related prize from the South Bay Scout Shop valued at $30-45 retail
- The “week” will run Monday-Sunday. Weekly winners will be posted on Monday. The first week will run Sun 4/18- Sun 4/25.
- Daily winners will be notified by email
- Daily and weekly winners will be posted on Facebook popcorn page M-F.
- Trails End computer system uses GMT. Therefore, the sale for each “day” begins at 5:01 pm the day before and go until 5:00 that day. ie: “Thursday’s” sales begin Wednesday at 5:01 pm and go until 5:00 pm on Thursday.
- In case of a first-place tie for daily sales, both Scouts will get the $20 card
- In case of a first-place tie for weekly sales, both Scouts will get the camping gift
- $20 Amazon cards will actually be an Amazon credit that will be emailed to the account on record.
- Weekly winners will have to pick up their gift at the Scout Bay Scout Shop
- Top winner in the council earns a coupon for free summer camp experience in the council (Hi-Sierra, NYLT, Cabin at Hi-Sierra for Family Camp, or Day Camp)
- In addition to the incentives from SVMBC, Scouts will also earn 1.5 points for every $1 sold online.
- Trails End points can be redeemed for additional Amazon credit according to the TE prize system
- Scouts will earn 30% commission from online sales.
2021 IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
Order and Sales
2021 PRODUCT LINE
To help plan your pack or troop budget, please use our program planner for troops and annual budget for packs. This calculator will show your sales goal and sales potential.
- Program planning worksheet/budget and Sales goal calculator – HERE
- Ordering Guide for First Time Kernels – HERE
To help with your unit Kickoff, customize this PowerPoint to your units needs and don’t stress out about recreating everything.
- Unit Kickoff PowerPoint – HERE
90% of all the council popcorn information you will need to know is in the Popcorn Unit Guidebook.
Online Sales The single, safest way for a Scout to sell popcorn in 2020 is through the Online Direct Sale method. This method eliminates any face-to-face contact with the general public, as well as the risk of handling product or cash.
The Online Direct sale is also the safest and easiest method for units, in that there is no handling of product, since popcorn is shipped directly to consumers, and payment for popcorn is received by credit or debit card at the time of the order. E-commerce in the United States grew by 49% in April vs. March, 2020, and more people are utilizing online purchases shipped to their homes as their preferred way to purchase household items.
- The Online Direct sale will feature the same products sold in the traditional sale at
traditional retail prices, plus additional Online Direct products;
- Shipping will be paid by the customer at $7.99 for first item, plus only $0.99 for each
Show & Sell your den, pack or troop gets permission to sell in front of a retail store or in the local mall. You set up a display with products for people to purchase as they walk by.
Take Order the most traditional way to sell popcorn; going door-to-door with the take order form, which you receive from your leader or council.
Show & Deliver you carry Trail’s End popcorn with you to show to your customers as you visit them. The customer is able to select the products he or she wishes to buy from your product selection.
Corporate This is for savvy Scouts! Selling to businesses is a great market to have big sells. Whether the owner buys popcorn as gifts for their employees, or they allow the popcorn to be sold at the lobby or break room.
If you need more details then just the three steps above, here is a PowerPoint that will help you see how easy it is to get $100 extra per Scout for just sending out 10 emails. It can really add up if 100% of your Scouts participate!
- Tutorial on creation of Online sales – HERE
Our Council’s website should be your first stop to find the most up to date information on this council’s popcorn sale. The website will list all pertinent dates, contact information, and links to helpful information.
TRAILS END WEBSITE
The Trails End Website trails-end.com is the next best place to find information on best practices, making the app work right, trails end rewards details, and much more.
Over 200 webinars will be offered this summer and fall for units and Scout parents to learn about the sale. Over 50 webinars are already sold out and we anticipate leaders from over 10,000 units will participate.
Highly successful unit leaders ($50,000+ and multiple years as leaders) and Scout parents will lead these interactive webinars where every question will be answered. Units participating in webinars in 2019 grew 11.2%!
A $20 Amazon.com gift card will be given to the first 5,000 top-selling units (who sold $7,500+ in 2019) who register and participate in a Webinar.
Facebook support is being enhanced in 2020 through the help of 15 successful unit leaders and parents serving as moderators and influencers. Last year, over 18,000 unit leaders and Scout parents utilized the Scout Popcorn Facebook support, and a significant increase in participation is expected this year.
For More Information
Please contact your district kernel, district executive or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
District Kernel, Kevin Barlow- (408) 749-0482, email@example.com
Storefront Scheduling, Beth Leonard- (408) 530-0554, firstname.lastname@example.org
District Executive, Anthony Pulliam- (831) 245-5895, email@example.com