- This event has passed.
Chinese Basic Leader Training 中文童軍幹部訓練
October 23, 2021 @ 8:30 am - October 24, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
One event on October 9, 2021 at 8:00 am
Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Council cordially invites you to attend the 2021 Basic Scout Leadership Training (BSLT) in Chinese. The training consists of a SM/ASM specific (SMS) and an Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS) courses. By completing both courses, you will be certified as a “Trained” adult leader, thereby earning a “Trained Patch”.
These courses will closely follow the BSA training guidelines and materials. However, to ensure the targeted participants fully understand the Scouting Principles and Skills, the courses will be conducted in Chinese (中文).
All adult leaders and parents are encouraged to participate in these Basic Training Courses.
Outdoor Leader Skills, a fun-filled program of hands-on skills training in an outdoor environment, designed to help participants master the basic camping skills required for Tenderfoot to First Class. The experienced Chinese-speaking instructors will help participants with learning the following:
• Setup CampSite / Outdoor Ethics
• Outdoor Cooking
• Working with wood tools
• Compass/Map/Hiking in the Wilderness
• Nature/Plant/Animal Identification
• Scouting Knots
• Campfire Planning
• Backpack Techniques
These skills will ultimately increase your comfort level and give the participants confidence as a trained, skilled leader or simply as an well-informed scout parent. The program will also give you the opportunity to work with other Scout leaders from your area. You are guaranteed to meet some new friends. For participants with some outdoor experiences already, these courses will help to reinforce your skills or techniques with fellow unit leaders. Ultimately, these trainings will enable the participants to keep up abreast with your children in scouting.
All participants must take Youth Protection Training online at my.scouting.org before attending the course.
Indoor for SM/ASM Specific (SMS)(S24): 10/9/2021 (Sat.) 8:00 AM – 2:30 PM @ SVMBC Office
Intro to Outdoor Leader Skills (OLS)(S11): 10/23/2021 (Sat.) 8:30 AM – 10/24/2021 (Sun) 12:00 PM @Camp Chesebrough
SVMBC Council Office: 970 West Julian Street, San Jose, CA 95126
Camp Cheseborough: 26005 Hwy-9, Los Gatos, CA 95033 (2 miles west of Skyline)
Registration cost increases on 10/1/2021
COVID-19 Safety Precautions:
The Course is designed to be as safe as possible and we all have a duty to do our part to keep each other safe.
– All participants, including trainees, staff and instructors, have to either be fully vaccinated (at least two weeks after the last shot), or take a PCR-test (diagnostic test) within 72 hours of the start of the event. Please provide proof of vaccination or negative test result upon checking in.
– Masking is required at all times, both indoors and outdoors. Please bring a supply of clean face masks with you.
– While we will utilize social distancing as much as possible, there will be some group work and hands on instructions.
– Handwashing stations will be available to you at all times, please use them frequently.
– Everyone sleeps in their own tent. No sharing tents. (Married couples can share a tent)
– We ask that anyone feeling sick does not attend the training and contacts our office. We will screen you for symptoms when you arrive and you will be asked to leave if you are symptomatic.
Course Director: Nathan Hu (email): firstname.lastname@example.org
SPL: Josh Chang (email): email@example.com
You will be contacted by email approximately one week prior to the course.