Join Scouts Nationwide to help all corners of our communities!
As we have throughout our history, Scouting families have answered the call to work together in service of the greater good. From public health drives…to caring for the environment…to assisting neighbors in need…Scouts have always been a force for positivity and goodness in our communities.
The Summer of Service is a broad initiative for individuals, families, units, districts and councils to participate, share, and report the amazing impact of serving the community.
Scouting For Food – November 13th – Collection Day
Scouting for Food is an annual food-collection drive, and one of the many service projects the BSA has conducted since 1910.
870,000 Bay Area residents and a quarter million residents in our council geography lack adequate access to food. Scouts can help make an impact by participating in the annual Scouting for food drive
This annual effort for Scouting in the Greater Bay Area is coordinated in November. Door hangers are provided in October for Scouts to distribute to neighbors and businesses during the week of October 30 to November 6, requesting donations to be picked up on November 13th after 9:00 am.
The plan is simple:
- Pick up door hangers at the Council Service Centers in October.
You can participate as an individual, family, or unit.
- Select the area where your unit will distribute door hangers in your neighborhood the week of October 30th to November 7th. Links to an online map and instructions are on our Council
- Instructions on how to use the Google Scouting for Food Map
- Selecting your area of coverage on the Scouting for Food Google Map
- Pick up the food left outside of the homes on November 13th after 9:00 am, and deliver it to a local food bank or pantry (see flier for food banks and pantries in your area).
- Log your efforts on the Council Formsite for Service
- Then also record your efforts on the National Summer of Service Webpage.
- Please report your service before December 1st.
Is your unit doing a service activity? Share with a post on social media and include hashtags #summerofservice #svmbc.
We also have Yard Signs for Cub Scouts and Scouts BSA that units can use while working. Please contact us at 408-638-8300 to get yours today!
We would love to showcase your activity! Send your photos to email@example.com.
National Site: Check out more about Summer of Service at www.scouting.org/summerofservice.